Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2009 12:00

Word Perfect 12 Serial Number???

I need to re-install WP 12 on a Dim 1100.  I have the WP 12 install CD  shipped with the unit..  The install program asks for a serial number.  Where can the serial number be found??

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 31st, 2009 12:00

OEM CD's Don't ask for a Serial number.

You cannot transfer an OEM copy from one machine to the next.

The OEM CD also checks for the OS version Aka WIN98SE, WIN2000, WINXP.

Corel will sell you a full retail copy but they wont give you a serial for an OEM CD.

4 Posts

October 31st, 2009 20:00

Any work around I am still using the same computer all I did was upgrade from XP to Win 7 which required a clean install.    the oringinal Word Perfect program came with the computer not the operating system.  Now I have no word processor  :-(   

8 Posts

October 31st, 2009 21:00

I just pulled out my old Wordperfect CD that came with my Inspiron 6000 (years ago), and inside the disk sleeve, along with the CD, is a small slip of paper that was almost overlooked. It has the serial number on it.  Now, I also just did a search on this forum for "Wordperfect" and found THIS  thread about the same thing. Someone posted a set of serial numbers, and it's the same as what I'm seeing on my slip of paper...so it seems that Corel has the same generic SN for all/most of their OEM Wordperfect software.  Hope that helps!

4 Posts

November 1st, 2009 04:00

Thankyou  I checked the insert with the CD and yes the SN is there very small and running vertically up one side of the back.  All is well Thanks

1 Message

December 22nd, 2010 07:00

i need the serial number to my wordperfect pro pack please. tammy

October 22nd, 2019 13:00

WO12WRX-0000002-HBU

January 25th, 2020 07:00

Your serial number is found on a card which is packaged inside the cd sleeve for your WordPerfect Productivity Pack cd. It follows this format:XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX. This is the number you will need to complete your installation or registration.

No Events found!