Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2009 09:00

Would I get a final version for free?

Hi,

I have got the Microsost Office Enterprise 2007 through Home Use Program.

I received the following from Microsoft in their weekly e-mail update:

Download the beta to learn how the latest tools can benefit you and your business

I am very keen to try the Office Beta 2010.

What will happen to those who have the Office Enterprise 2007 through Home Use Program when the final version of the Office 2010 become available? Will those of us with the Office Enterprise 2007 get an automatic update for the final version of the Office 2010?

Would there be any advantage in getting the above Beta version so that Beta users get a free update to the final version?

Or

No one knows as to what will happen?

Regards

468 Posts

December 19th, 2009 10:00

The beta is for people who want to test and bug report features with the program before it goes out to the public.  You will not get a free version when it goes out just for beta testing unless you are a Microsoft partner or have connections within the programming field.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

December 19th, 2009 10:00

You need to research this at the Microsoft Office web site. Normally, beta software is only for testing by experienced users and there will be no freebies. You should realize that beta means experimental and you really need to be careful. Do not install this on your main computer or you might lose or corrupt your current Office programs. Wait until Office 2010 comes out next year.

No Events found!