Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2020 02:00

XPS 13 9300, DMC, App not compatible with this device

I have just purchased a brand new (2020) Dell XPS 13 9300 / FHD / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD.

When got the laptop DMC (Dell Mobile Connect) was fully functional.

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and downloaded all of the necessary (up to date) drivers, including the DMC driver. Now when I go into the Microsoft store to download DMC it says "this app is not compatible with this device".

This is extremely annoying as I can't seem to find a solution anywhere online. If someone is able to provide any help I would be very appreciative.

September 1st, 2020 01:00

Dell Mobile Connect - App not compatible with this device 2.JPG

Attached is my settings. Please compare

October 26th, 2020 07:00

Hi Recze

The following Line is from the Reg_Edit on my PC
I think I had spotted where your problem lies.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store
You had left out the "Microsoft" word from the string above.

Please compare it and ensure your settings are 100% in the same address in RegEdit as I have it.

Regards
Stefan

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2020 06:00

Deleted....

4 Posts

April 24th, 2020 12:00

I am having the same issue - can't find a solution anywhere.

• 

25.1K Posts

April 24th, 2020 14:00

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

* Uninstall all references to DMC in Programs & Features
* When finished, restart the PC
* Once back into Windows, run Windows Update ( Start- Settings- Update & Security- Windows Update). Let it install all updates it finds
* When done, restart the PC
* Download/install DMC application 2.0
* Download/install the DMC Microsoft Store app

5 Posts

May 14th, 2020 20:00

I am still having this problem. 

I have downloaded the mobile connect driver. I will not download driver's from unknown (non official Dell / Realtek / Intel) websites. Do you have any other solutions?

3 Posts

May 29th, 2020 06:00

Same problem here.

Did you find a solution ?

June 15th, 2020 09:00

Hi all I compared the registry settings for my factory installed Dell Inspiron Windows Home versus my new custom-built-latest-version-Windows-10-Pro and the answer lay in the following two registry entries that needed to exist in the folder "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" OEMID String (REG_SZ): "DELL" StoreContentModifier String (REG_SZ): "Dell_Inspiron" Reboot and Windows store will allow Dell Inspiron apps to be installed.

1 Message

July 15th, 2020 09:00

Excellent information. Just one thing, fix the Mobile Connect driver download link because is pointing to an non-existing one. As of now, this is the link I found that is working, if you want to update the post.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails/?driverid=CTFT7

Cheers.

July 28th, 2020 02:00

The solution worked 100% as it had been described above by Joe.Oppenheim
Please see the screenshot attached.

The directory structure is 100% as Joe.Oppenheim had explained it, see the directory bar in the screenshot.
I also have a XPS, but the solution works as explained as Dell_Inspiron. I tried XPS, but did not work.

Dell Mobile Connect - App not compatible with this device.JPG

2 Posts

July 29th, 2020 11:00

My XPS 15 9550 worked with;

The Driver linked above  (updated July 16th) 

StoreContentModifier String (REG_SZ): "Dell_XPS"

August 6th, 2020 12:00

Hi

The validation done when checking out the App from the MS Store, does not go into much further detail.
Just follow as I had explained and you should be fine.
I have a XPS 15 model and it made no difference, so I changed my settings to also as it had been prescribed in the insert given, and it works for me.

Please let me know if you got it working.

Regards

Stefan

August 22nd, 2020 23:00

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me. I searched everywhere and didn't find any solution for this.Only this one helped.

August 23rd, 2020 11:00

You are welcome, glad I could help.

August 31st, 2020 10:00

@Stefan.Verwey I applied the Registry parameters as you suggest and then rebooted, but I am still unable to download the Dell Mobile Connect app from the MS Store.  I have a 2019 INSPIRON5584. Thanks in advance.RegistryEdit.pngDellAppMessage.png

No Events found!