Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2009 16:00

help with Roxio Creator Premier

I use to use Roxio to burn my cd's and such but now i am no longer able to run the program. I was wondering if anyone knows what i can do.

I upgraded to vista with the free upgrade and the newer Roxio was with that so it would work with vista. I was going to reinstall from the upgrade disc but the files are password protected and now i'm stuck without Roxio.

Thanks for the help

4.6K Posts

January 26th, 2009 10:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I was going to reinstall from the upgrade disc but the files are password protected and now i'm stuck without Roxio.

What "upgrade disc" are you referring to?  A Vista OS disc from Dell?

What do you mean when you say "... the newer Roxio was with that"? 

Did you get a separate Roxio Creator Premium disc from Dell as well, because the Vista OS disc itself doesn't include any additional programs?

And what disc were you trying to get what files off - that you got an error message about them being password protected?

BTW:  You need to mention what system and OS you're using :emotion-55:

2 Posts

January 27th, 2009 16:00

i have a dimension e520 that originally had Win XP Pro but had the free Express Upgrade to Vista sent to me when it was available. I put the Express Upgrade disk in and it updated the Roxio I had from the Xp edition to a compatabile Vista version.

Roxio will no longer run and there is no error or anything it just does not start. The Express Upgrade to Vista Disk is where i looked for the Roxio program to try to reinstall and i need a password to access anything on the disk. I guess its a way to keep just anyone from installing it on another computer as well.

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2009 10:00

Reinstall it/update it to the latest version, from the Drivers & Downloads section for your system on the Dell website :emotion-55:

No Events found!