ubjackinme
Copper

Re: "Dell Dock has stopped working" - Very annoying!

Jump to solution

luke11122 - You rock.  This worked perfectly for me.  I had some trouble deleting the application file, but got through it.  Once deleted, I followed your link and everything works again.  Thanks for the tip

0 Kudos
Pat White
Copper

Jump to solution

WOW - I have been totally addicted to Dell Dock until two days ago when I could not get it to run.  Deleted - Installed - Error Msg - could not send.  I all but gave up on this BS, when I came across this website http://download.cnet.com/Dell-Dock/3000-2072_4-10966816.html Delete your computer version, reboot and load this one.  IT WORKS!!!! Wanted to share will all.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

MorbidFerret Says:

I have encountered problems with this kind of janky software before. I agree with your post. Thought the best bet is to uninstall the dell dock and just create shortcuts for the programs you need on your desk top. This way you will kill two birds with one stone, no more error messages and no more trying to fix the infamous Dell Dock.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

MorbidFerret Says:

I have encountered problems with this kind of janky software before. I agree with your post. Thought the best bet is to uninstall the dell dock and just create shortcuts for the programs you need on your desk top. This way you will kill two birds with one stone, no more error messages and no more trying to fix the infamous Dell Dock.

0 Kudos
MicheleDH
Copper

RE: "Dell Dock has stopped working" - Very annoying!

Jump to solution

$500?  I'd buy a new NON DELL computer for that price!  I'm having the same Dell Dock problem and so far...NO FIX.  I tried system restore...didn't work.  Tells me I'm missing delldock.msi and nowhere can I find or download that file.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

RE: "Dell Dock has stopped working" - Very annoying!

Jump to solution

You can download the installer from here:

http://delldock.com/

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos

Re: "Dell Dock has stopped working" - Very annoyin

Jump to solution

Fixing this is simple go to - C:\Users\<yourloginname>\AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation\DellDock.exe_Url_???

Delete all files inside this folder ... now restart the dell doc.

0 Kudos