Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 14th, 2011 19:00

retrieve files?

Is it possible to retrieve files after rolling back my PC to an earlier state (system restore)?

The files I am most interested in are pictures that can be viewed in the ac/dc program, but so far I have been unable to copy, export or burn a disc of the files.

Even though the folders show space is being used in the property tab, I am unable to see the files or view these pictures outside of the ac/dc program. Also, not all of the folders seem to be visable when trying to find them outside of ac/dc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 15th, 2011 06:00

runnerrunner,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You can try undoing system restore to see if that will help you get your files retrieved.

Undo System Restore

November 16th, 2011 05:00

Jesse L

Thank you for the reply. The system restore was done some time ago and I am unable to go back to the original configuration.

At that time I could go back maybe 30 days (which was still to late) but it is showing me only about 10 days of restore points now,  though I have 63 GB of hard drive space left. I should have backed up my files especially before trying the system restore. Many files were either lost or have become hidden.

If I am able to still view the pictures in the ac/dc program, and the property tab shows that space is being used in a folder that otherwise appears to be empty, are these files still on the hard drive?..... and can I somehow access them to back them up and save to a cd/dvd disc?

r-r

• 

16.7K Posts

November 16th, 2011 05:00

runnerrunner,

If you cannot open the folder and see the files or undo system restore I know of no other way to get them off the harddrive.

No Events found!