Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2018 21:00

unable to uninstall MS office 2016

Hi, we had a recent order from a client 4 units of Optiplex (sorry forgot the exact model). It had a bundled MS office 2016 but what's weird is, it is not listed under Control Panel > Programs and Features. So I checked properly under start menu and see if it's working eventhough not listed under Programs and Features, yes it is working, as soon as I open Word 2016, it prompted for license and activation. So what I did was download the FixIt Tool for MS office uninstall tool but it didn't work. I manually installed MS office 2016 and reboot the Optiplex, login back again and tried uninstalling but after the next reboot it is still under Start Menu but nothing on Programs and Features. I know this is bundled on the Dell image but is there a way to uninstall it? The reason for this is the client has their own old 2013 version and we need to uninstall this 2016 version before handing it to them. 

Thanks

Jeff

February 8th, 2018 13:00

This issue has been resolved. Out of nowhere I tried right clicking on the Word 2016 for example and just select uninstall and it just disappered. I just had to manually do it for every office remaining products like Exel, Powerpoint, etc and it did uninstall. 

Thanks

Jeff

1 Message

July 29th, 2018 23:00

Hello TECH-JEFF

We have this issue as well on our new Dell-7460 AIOs. We have about 70 and only gave out 7 yet. The power shell command 

Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop | Remove-AppxPackage 

lets you delete the entire pre-loaded MS Office apps from the computer but only for one user. However, we are still desperately looking for a solution to delete it permanently from a computer. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Priada

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 5th, 2018 03:00

Is that just a link to install Office instead of the actual Office install?  I see that on some systems.  There is nothing to "uninstall",  in the case of a link, just "delete" the link.

BTW. this should have been posted in the software forum section.  This section is primarily for hardware issues.

February 5th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

Sorry for the wrong category, no it was not a link that if you double click on it, it will start the installation process. It is already installed and you can use it.

Thanks

Jeff

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 5th, 2018 10:00

I used to have Office 2003 Professional. Office 2003 went the way of XP for Microsoft support.  I finally gave in and bought Office 365 but before I installed it I uninstalled (in Windows 10) it using "Revo Uninstaller" program.  No problems uninstalling Office.

April 26th, 2019 07:00

I just found this. If I run appwiz.cpl or the "old way" of Add Remove Programs, I do not see the "Office App" listed under installed software. If I do a search of "add" and click on "Apps + Features" and scroll down the list, I do come across the Office Application. I can uninstall it there.
No Events found!