Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell 1610HD projector missing pixels

Did you find a solution or are you screwed! I have about a dozen dead pixels, both white and black. Very disappointed in Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

You couldn't be more wrong in your analysis. This is problem with dead pixels, nothing to do with the bulb, or menu settings. You have a defective batch of sensors. I am very disappointed with the the 1610HD projector. Have had many projectors, and this one is junk! Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I found a solution to fix the 1610hd projectors with dead pixels. It seems that there was a bad batch of DMD chips sent out with these projectors. It also seems that Dell will not acknowledge this fact as a factory recall, but there are new chips available to fix the problem. I found the revised chip on Amazon for $170. I replaced the DMD chip and no more dead pixels. Can't say how long this fix will work, or whether the same thing will happen down the road, but for now all is well. The old chip is listed as 1280-6038B. I will not be buying another Dell product due to their wonderful customer service. Laughed a bit when I read their solution as "dust". Very funny!
Highlighted
Not applicable

What part number did you order? And Is it still working?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

IT is the DMD problem, need change a new one. you can buy the parts and install to your projector

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do you get it apart to access the chip?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Same Problem here with my DELL 1610HD.

I am using the Projector not that often but the white dots are breeding like rabbits every time I use it.

I am going to fix it DIY like and would like to know, if someone know, which serial number of the DMD chip was bad and where to get it from.

Thanks and Regards

Eugen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

DELL 1610HD is use 1280-6038B DMD, it is old version. you can buy a newest version 1280-6438B(produce by 2016 or 2017). Price is about 210USD, other version like 1280-6138B 1280-6238 1280-6338B both old version.  

Exchange it you need prepare a quality DMD thermal pad, clean fan, clean dust in projector.

Need any technial support or projector parts can ask me, I'm a repair man, I have a ebay store (lamp-book).

0 Kudos