Highlighted
r_matt
1 Copper

Dell 1800MP wont power up, power light flashes Blue, lamp light flashes orange then goes out

Im having issues with an out of warranty Dell 1800MP.  Like others, I experienced the orange flashing lamp, orange flashing power that was resolved after unplugging the device (took several tries).  Now, several months later, the projector will not turn on again - however this time the power light is flashing blue and when unplugged and plugged back in the power light flashes blue with the lamp light flashing orange.  After awhile the lamp light stops flashing, the power continues to flash blue (I think it does this normally when powered off?) but the device will not power up.  Hitting the power button causes the lamp light to flash orange a couple of times and the rest of the lights (excluding temp) to flash solid blue, once.

Any ideas?  Am I stuck with out of warranty service?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jjmeek
1 Copper

Re: Dell 1800MP wont power up, power light flashes Blue, lamp light flashes orange then goes out

I am running into the same issue.  Did you find a solution for the problem?

0 Kudos
srogers573
1 Copper

Re: Dell 1800MP wont power up, power light flashes Blue, lamp light flashes orange then goes out

There is a 3300mfd capacitor on the main power supply that is prone to failure.  It will give you various symptoms, as you described.  I do not recommend trying to replace this component unless you are a skill technician.  Hope this helps. ssrogers.net

0 Kudos