tbrank
1 Copper

Re: Dell Projector 1800MP Lamp light/Power bottom Blinks orange and wont turn on at all!!

Had this unit for 3 years. 250 hours used and it is dead. Blinking orange lamp light. Tried Dell support. transferred to 2 or 3  techs that I could not hear because of poor phone connections. Had to ask the tech to speak up several times. After being transferred  a couple of times and having to give the same information each time, only to be told that I had to take it to a 3rd party repair shop.... That's it !!!! I asked for a phone number for a shop in my area. Placed on hold for unreasonable amount of time. I just hung up. With all the people that are having the same problem with this unit, you would think Dell could offer some type of fix for this problem that will not cost near half the purchase price. I have a personal and business account with Dell. I recommended Dell for several businesses...NO MORE. Going back to HP.

0 Kudos
mooredesigns4u
1 Copper

Re: Dell Projector 1800MP Lamp light/Power bottom Blinks orange and wont turn on at all!!

Look on Fixya_com for 1800MP failures.  There is a guy there who will repair it for you for $40 plus shipping.  Seems a lot of people are using him.  He has repaired 40+ projectors with the failed capacitor problem. 

Dave

0 Kudos
Viziks
1 Copper

If any of you  guys have this problem in India,Pls mail me on I can fix this issue positively.

Samir

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id deleted per Privacy Policy>

0 Kudos
ericfreese
1 Copper

I replaced the capacitor and now the unit turns on with blue lights, but the lamp does not come on at all.

The navigation lights will also be solid blue which turn off for 3 seconds some times.

Finally, after a minute or so, all the solid blue lights turn off and the LAMP light turns to solid orange.

I had just replaced my lamp and there is no way I came close to it burning out.  Is it possible that my lamp blew as well or I put the unit back together improperly?

I've got the same problem as ilovett.  Just finished replacing the capacitor and getting it all back together, and now when I power it up the navigation lights flash for a while, then turn off and the lamp light shows solid orange.

Anyone know what could be going on?

0 Kudos
LightningElec
1 Copper

Thank you, SROGERS573!!!  I found the capacitor you mentioned, tested it and confirmed was defective, although it did not appear to be.  Changed it out, actually to a 3300mfd 35V, and all works well!  Thanks a lot for the help!

0 Kudos
MM42
1 Copper

That is awsome, did you take pictures of your work? i have it disassembled but im having trouble locating the 3300u 10v capacitor, much appreciated if you post it or send me a copy that would be  so cool to see or if you video taped that would be even better check out the skills.  thank you for posting.  

0 Kudos
MM42
1 Copper

would you by chance have a photo of the bad capitor on the motherboard, still learning, and i wouldnt mind saving some bucks since i bought a new lamp.  

0 Kudos
MM42
1 Copper

that is awsome , curious if you took a picture of the bad pocessor on the mother board or video taped it. I have it apart now i just need to locate.

0 Kudos
Viziks
1 Copper

I did not take a picture but there is an image on this forum check this link :

en.community.dell.com/.../19642282.aspx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mooredesigns4u
1 Copper

If any of you don't feel up to the task of doing this repair yourself there is a guy posting over on Fixya that does the repair for $40 plus shipping.  A lot of people appear to have been having him do the repairs with good results.  I am one of them.

0 Kudos