Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2004 22:00

Somewhere over the rainbow!!!!!!!

Hey All,

I used to own a Sony CPJ200 which is one of the first compact, nice priced projectors. The pixelization was horrid but I still loved it. Now I am considering the 2200MP and the epson SR1. I have seen the SR1 and its screen door, a huge improvement over my CPJ, but still visible. I then heard about DLP and iI thought all my concerns were answered. I still have yet to see the DLP picture but I have heard and read its pretty stellar. I then started hearing and reading about the rainbow effect. I really want this projector but am concerned. Can anyone give me an honest answer or opinion. Is this real? is it noticable, should I worry! Please help me! PS there is some really great knowledge on this thread, I am very impressed with everyones answers.

Thanks everyone in advance.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2004 17:00

Thanks for the reply ElNino,

I have yet to see the DLP. Is it much better than LCD as I am concerned with the screendoor effect.

19 Posts

January 8th, 2004 17:00

It all depends on the person.  Some people don't see the rainbows at all, some people see some but it doesn't bother them and others say it's "unwatchable".  Personally, I see rainbows on some DLP projectors sometimes but it doesn't bother me.  If I start looking for them, I'll see more.  Otherwise, it's only on some dark scences with bright objects like on the credits.
No Events found!