Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2013 09:00

E20-555 questin regarding VILT

I cannot get any f my PDF's to come up. When I try to do it manually it says it is corrupt. When ding it through the DVD it will not populate.

633 Posts

August 28th, 2013 06:00

While Chrome can work with the DVDs, it's not actually supported, so it can end up with this kind of problem. I truly sympathize--I'm a huge Chrome fan, but when I'm working with VILTs I use IE, because that's the DVD's preferred browser.

633 Posts

August 23rd, 2013 13:00

This may be a problem with the DVD. Can you send an email with the specific error message, course title, and Activation Key number to Education@EMC.com? They can help isolate the issue and find a solution.

1.4K Posts

August 24th, 2013 14:00

Which browser are you using? When you try to open a PDF directly from DVD? Does it show as below?

VILTPDF.JPG.jpg

If yes, then Click on Launch VILT icon on your desktop which should open http://localhost:6999/index.htm and the Course.

Go to Instructor Profile Tab and Try to Open Instructor Bio, if that opens up other pdf's should most likely open!

If you have tried that already, try one more step:

- Go to Control Panel

- Add/Remove Programs

(Alternatively, you can go to Start > Run > and type appwiz.cpl to bring up Add/Remove Programs Pannel)

- Uninstall EMC VILT Utility and Flash Security Patch

- Reboot your computer

- Insert your VILT DVD (if you have taken it out)

- Install the utility and try the above steps again.

Ankit

8 Posts

August 28th, 2013 04:00

I am using Google Chrome.

All my other VILT disks including the design course work fine. The Instructor Bio initiates but all it comes up is a blank screen,

I tried to uninstall and reinstall. No luck. I tried to do it with explorer no luck. I think they are corrupted.

8 Posts

August 28th, 2013 04:00

I am sending it now. Thanks Kate

8 Posts

August 28th, 2013 13:00

Got it too work when I downgraded IE too.

No Events found!