Highlighted
Geezertronic
1 Copper

Dell PowerEdge R730 - IDRAC8 does not display "Fibre Channel Devices"

Hi

I have several PowerEdge R730 servers and all but one display the "Fibre Channel Devices" option under Hardware in the IDRAC.  They all appear to have the same BIOS and Firmware versions, and they all have 2 x QLogic QLE2560 8Gb 1Port Fibre Channel Adapters in the same slots.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Dell PowerEdge R730 - IDRAC8 does not display "Fibre Channel Devices&qu

I would make sure the firmware is up to date on the system board, iDRAC/LCC, and the cards. You should also check to make sure the cards are exactly the same as the ones that are working. If our version of the card uses different firmware then a card not using our firmware may not show up in system services or the iDRAC/LCC.

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

0 Kudos
DELL-Rey G
2 Iron

Re: Dell PowerEdge R730 - IDRAC8 does not display "Fibre Channel Devices&qu

Try going into the F2 (bios), go into the idrac settings > Lifecycle controller, and confirm the inventory collector is enabled. Its also possible the one card is a different hardware revision. there is a label with a part number on the card, and there should be an A rev version near there too. Easiest thing to try is to swap cards between systems to see if the problem follows the card or stays with the system. in very rare cases, just the act of swapping the cards will cause everything to work properly. 

#I work4Dell

0 Kudos