Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2018 21:00

Dell R510 Perc SAS B Cable

Hi all, I am hoping I can get some clarity on this, I have a 8 bay R510 configuration (Black plane part number is X836M) and somewhere along the line the SAS B cable is faulty (Original part P744P) which I cannot seem to find except on eBay or Amazon, which is fine, but I was wondering if any one knows of a compatible part number for this? It is for a Dell Perc H700 SAS Controller, I have put in a SAS cable from a T series server which is working with the exception of not being able to close the cover as this cable is to short to run the way the SAS B cable runs.

October 29th, 2018 00:00

Hi Chris, Thank you. I’m not keen on running with the cover off or removing a fan just to run a cable. Thanks for the input. That was my fear as well. I can source the cable, but it carries a premium. Was just wondering if all sas cables were equal as it were. :). Regards

• 

8.4K Posts

October 26th, 2018 06:00

AndrewDowns,

The only other compatible cable I see for the P744P cable would be part # Y673P. The only cables cross compatible would be those from the R515, but they are the same cables listed above.

Also, I wouldn't recommend running the server with the cover off, as that negatively impacts its ability to cool the server. 

Hope this helps.

No Events found!