Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2020 12:00

IDRAC 2.70.70.70

Please fix the fan speed issue introduced in life cycle 2.70.70.70 and/or the UEFI0315 hit error if it is rolled back to a version prior that doesn't have that speed issue. The 100% increase in noise is driving my client nuts.  If I rollback the version the fan speed and noise goes back to normal but the servers get the hit UEFI0315 error,. Rolling the bios back from 2.81 doesn't change anything either, Bank of R330 servers.

They are aware of Dell's stated position in other threads on the issue about Dell compliant but non-certified drives, but they consider the near doubling of fan speeds and subsequent near 100% noise increase to be harassment for not buying two drives from Dell, and a violation of good-faith, consumer protection, and Anti-Trust laws. It affects the younger staff with better hearing the most. Honda/Toyota etc can't tell a car owner that unless they use Honda/Toyota certified car washes and waxes, etc., that the paint warranty is no good, and that car horn will honk until the customer agrees to buy a case of car wash from the local dealer. Please fix the fan speed issue that 2.70.70.70 introduced, or let us roll the version back without creating the UEFI0315 error on boot. Bank of R330 with PERC S130 2.81 bios, 2.70.70.70 life controller. 2 Samsung drives show as Dell compliant "yes,"  but Dell certified  "no." 

I

• 

790 Posts

June 29th, 2020 00:00

Hey all!

We have released the 2.75.75.75.

Get it here: IDRAC with Lifecycle Controller V.,2.75.75.75 

See also the release notes: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller Version 2.75.75.75 Release Notes 

154998: Fixed an issue that was causing higher fan speeds after iDRAC firmware was updated to version 2.70.70.70 in systems with
software RAID configuration.

164998: Fixed an issue which was causing the post operation to display an error—"FAIL: status code 503 returned" while importing
the server configuration profile in redfish.

• 

8.4K Posts

March 3rd, 2020 12:00

Kent100,

We are aware of the 2.70.70.70 fan issue and it looks like it is being addressed in the upcoming 2.75.75.75 release, but I am not certain on its release date at this time. As far as the UEFI0315 issue you see on downgrade, if you follow this link it will take you to a work around for the issue. 

Let me know if this helps.

April 19th, 2020 11:00

I have this exact issue however I get stuck at this part when following the instructions in the link you provided:

Secure Boot setting needs to be set to Disabled or Enabled with Custom Secure Boot Policy before attempting to reset Secure Boot Keys.

F2 System Setup >> System BIOS >> System Security >> Secure Boot:

I set it to enable and custom. Reboot the system then shutdown (postman fails to connect if the OS is booted) however postman returns the same message regardless of settings used

{
"error": {
"@Message.ExtendedInfo": [
{
"Message": "Unable to complete the operation because the Secure Boot policy is set to Standard.",
"MessageArgs": [],
"MessageArgs@odata.count": 0,
"MessageId": "IDRAC.1.6.SYS439",
"RelatedProperties": [
"ResetKeysType"
],
"RelatedProperties@odata.count": 1,
"Resolution": "Reset the Secure Boot policy to Custom by performing the PATCH operation for the SecureBootPolicy attribute on the Redfish Bios URL.",
"Severity": "Warning"
}
],
"code": "Base.1.0.GeneralError",
"message": "A general error has occurred. See ExtendedInfo for more information"
}
}

Please help clarify this these instructions.

I really wish I had never updated to 2.70.70.70 or this should have been at least disclosed in the release notes as an issue. My server fans have become so loud it isn't usable anymore. This is my first Dell server to replace an HP. Not a very good first impression please help restore the original operation.

• 

790 Posts

April 20th, 2020 06:00

Hey there,

there is still no ETA for the 2.75.75.75 version available, but our engineering created some sort of a pre-release.

If you send me your email address via private message I can give this one to you.

Regards,
Stefan

6 Posts

April 28th, 2020 14:00

@DELL-Stefan R I am having same issue as well can you share the package with me as well.

6 Posts

April 28th, 2020 17:00

I reinstalled the 2.70.70.70 and they live with but don't like the fan speed issue. I read the method of work around but was not comfortable with making those changes without having a test server around first. If the production server gets taken down because I missed a . with these 70 year old eyes, then the people who work there could be out of business. So I rolled back up to the 2.70.70.70 and they just wear headsets when it bothers them.

• 

790 Posts

April 29th, 2020 01:00

Guys,

if you want me to give you the pre-release to check if it get's any better, please contact me via private message.

I will give you the download link then.

Cheers
Stefan

6 Posts

April 29th, 2020 22:00

I sent my email in private message could you please share the pre release. I am stuck here for past two days.

Regards,

Sai

June 14th, 2020 02:00

Did the pre-release version take care of it? Would like it too if so. . .

As a work-around you can downgrade the idrac to the previous version (2.63.60.61 for me) and it will settle the fan down. My routine is now upgrade it to 2.70.70.70 when I need to reboot (remotely) from an update and then re-downgrade it. Of course if the server crashes I need someone onsite to press F1 for me but so far that has only been necessary the first time around. . . 

1 Message

January 8th, 2021 07:00

Does this update require rebooting the host?

• 

3.3K Posts

January 8th, 2021 08:00

Hello JeffW86,

Typically an iDRAC firmware update does not require a host reboot. Looking over the release notes on this update indicate you should get a maintenance window to reboot when you can:

When you reset or update the iDRAC, you must reboot LC if it is launched already. If you fail to reboot, LC may behave unexpectedly.

Page 9 item 17.

Release notes  https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/idrac_2-75_rn_en-us.pdf

Please let me know if this helps

No Events found!