Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 30th, 2021 09:00

Keyboard dosent work with R640 why?

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well.

Please to know that i had a new 4 PowerEdge R640 servers, the issue is with 2 servers, when i plug the RGB keyboard and try to choose F2  to enter the bios it dosen't work(same for other keys) but after the os boot wich is a microsoft windows server 2019 the keyboard work. All Servers are the same version of bios.

But for the rest of 2 servers the keyboard is functioning also i try with rebooting the server but with no luck.

Looking forwards for you help and thank in advance.

Regards,
Franks

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

October 30th, 2021 23:00

Can you update BIOS and iDRAC to latest FW on the server and check whether behavior exist. You can also try with another keyboard / connect keyboard to USB slot on back side of the server and check the behavior.

If you have access to iDRAC Virtual Console can you check whether keyboard through virtual console us working when system is in BIOS. 

13 Posts

October 31st, 2021 09:00

Hi Shine,

Thank you for you answer.

Actually i try with another keyboard but with no luck.

Also, the keyboard dosen't work how can i perform the upgrade , is there a methode or a trick to do it?(to create a bootable usb with the bin file fw and try to boot the flash the keyboard must work let me know if i'm wrong ).

Thanks again.

Regards,
Franks

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

November 1st, 2021 04:00

You can try updating BIOS using iDRAC. You can check below link for details

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000134013/dell-poweredge-update-the-firmware-of-single-system-components-remotely-using-the-idrac

Can you check whether keyboard is working on rear USB port. You can also check whether front USB ports are disabled in BIOS? Did you tried virtual keyboard using iDRAC virtual console. 

130 Posts

November 1st, 2021 14:00

have you assigned an IP address to your idrac yet? if yes, go to the idrac gui, sign in, then go to the Configuration tab, then BIOS Settings, then Integrated Devices. Set the User Accessible USB ports to All Ports On. You will have to reboot the system for the changes to take effect. 

#Iwork4Dell

13 Posts

November 2nd, 2021 12:00

Hi all,

Thank you all for your response.

The problem is resolved after upgrading the bios to the last frimware, the keyboard work properly now.

Really appreciate your help/

Regards,
Asta

No Events found!