Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2009 10:00

New lever locks

Hi,

Looking to replace the front and rear door locks on my 2410 and 4210 enclosures.  Anyone know a supplier?  Do you also know if they have the ability to rekey each lock to support a master key and individual access keys?

Ed

171 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 09:00

There are two suppliers that manufacture latches that will work: Dirak and Emka.  Give one of their sales reps a call and they can determine what model of latches will be compatible.

Will Beene

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 12:00

Excellent!  Thanks very much for the information.

Ed

2 Posts

August 4th, 2009 01:00

Do you know which will work for the R710?

I have contacted both companies (Australia) and they say the server is new and they are not familiar with it.

I have contracted Dell directly and they are no help.

Rupert

There are two suppliers that manufacture latches that will work: Dirak and Emka.  Give one of their sales reps a call and they can determine what model of latches will be compatible.

Will Beene

171 Posts

August 5th, 2009 15:00

This is comparing two totally different things, a Server Cabinet Door Latch and a latch that secures a server in a cabinet.  That being said, please don't confuse the following for anything to do with a Server Cabinet Latch.

The R710 uses a set of Slam Latches on the sides of the faceplate along with a set of screws.  The screws are an augmentation for the Slam Latches.  There is no way to replace these Slam Latches without removing the face plate of the chassis.  There are 3rd Party Rail Kits available for the R710 (Dell SKU: A2936022) but these kits utilize the Slam Latches the same way as the Dell Ready Rails.

Give me a call and let's discuss what your problem is

Will Beene 

No Events found!