Highlighted
ukdcsupport
1 Copper

PowerEdge R720 server: How can I find the bus speed of installed DIMMs, please?

Jump to solution

In the IDRAC7 web interface, I take the menu path Hardware->Memory and see a depiction of the installed memory in the server and all the DIMMS (a mix of 8GB and 16GB) are shown as having a speed of 1600 MHz. I *think* that some of the DIMMS are, in fact, the higher speed ones (1866 MHz) but  that they are being reduced to the lower speed.

Does anyone know, please, a way to get a more detailed read-out of the exact DIMM specs (short of lifting the lid, that is!)?

regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: PowerEdge R720 server: How can I find the bus speed of installed DIMMs, please?

Jump to solution

Hello

If you go to Server in the left pane and then Properties>Hardware inventory you can expand the memory module information by clicking the plus button. It should contain a lot of information about the module. It should list the current operating speed at the top and the module capable speed at the bottom. You can also get the module part number from that screen to look up the specs online.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: PowerEdge R720 server: How can I find the bus speed of installed DIMMs, please?

Jump to solution

Hello

If you go to Server in the left pane and then Properties>Hardware inventory you can expand the memory module information by clicking the plus button. It should contain a lot of information about the module. It should list the current operating speed at the top and the module capable speed at the bottom. You can also get the module part number from that screen to look up the specs online.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

0 Kudos