Rack Servers

Last reply by 04-22-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Poweredge R730 Fails to boot

Hi all,

We were using dell poweredge r730xd <Service tag removed> and after electric outage we are not able to boot the server again.

could you please support us in this case?

taifunn_0-1619004015646.png

taifunn_1-1619004043938.png

taifunn_2-1619004056612.png

taifunn_3-1619004068002.png

Replies (15)

Can you share the picture of virtual disk menu on controller BIOS. Looking at the pictures shared drives under VD0 (RAID 1) are shown as foreign and the operating system may be installed on those drives. You can try importing the foreign config which can bring VD0 online. Importing foreign config will not have any data lost. After import foreign config VD0 will be coming online if there are no other failure introduced on drives during power outage. 

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Hi all,

I recorded video so you can see settings and boot error. Sorry for the bad quality.

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/F8-GIjAda-k

Hi,

Thanks for the video, but I would advice you to remove the video or set the privacy to restricted, as the screen capture contains your server service tag. I have downloaded a copy of the video and attached it into the case logs. 

From the video, I can see that you have not import foreign? You may need to import the foreign configuration as previously instructed. 

DELL-Joey C
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Hello Joey,

The video will be deleted soon. I will import the foreign configuration now. Hope it works.

Regards...

Hello again,

I imported the foreign configuration and boot was successful! Server is UP again and working properly!

I didnt understand how we faced this issue after the electric outage but now it is working like a charm.
Thank you all.

Hello,

thanks for the feedback, we are glad that problem is now solved!

Marco

Marco B.
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor