Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 26th, 2018 12:00

R510 with H700, can't get drive status in vSphere 6.0

Hi!

We have 2x R510 as backup repository. We have H700 inside, all works perfectly. We use 8x Seagate 8TB (2x Raid 10) and 8x Seagate 4TB IronWolf (2x RAID 10). The only thing, vSphere 6.0 only show Drive 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7 like this:

Disk Drive bay 1 Drive 7: Drive fault - Deassert

Disk Drive bay 1 Drive 7: PredictiveFailure- Deassert

Disk Drive bay 1 Drive 7: Parity Check in progress - Deassert

Etc..

Is is possible to see directly the physical drive? How monitoring software seems to works only when physical drive appears. I tried updating vibs, still not working.

Note: I have OMSA configured, which works, and I can see the drive (only thing, it says it's not dell hard disk, but I don't care.)

Thanks

• 

8.5K Posts

March 26th, 2018 14:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional system information?

That is how it is supposed to look, it doesn’t have the drives show up directly.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2013/07/01/monitoring-dell-poweredge-raid-controllers-in-vmware-esxi

2 Posts

April 6th, 2018 01:00

May I hijack this thread a little bit ... I also have a R510 that I am just getting up and running with vSphere 6.0. I have created a RAID5 with 3 2TB drives and am getting these warnings:

RAID.jpg

I am guessing that these warnings will go away in due course - once the parity check of the array has finished ... am I right?

2 Posts

April 6th, 2018 03:00

I guess I was just impatient ... all errors are gone now :-)

Sorry about the disturbance.

No Events found!