Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2002 09:00

Rails for 2650

We recently purchased 2 Poweredge 2650 servers and specified rails for a non dell rack. The rails we have received do not fit our standard 19" rack, they are too long. The Dell part number of the rails we received is 9K513. I do not know if we have received the correct rails and they just dont fit the rack or if we have been shipped the incorrect rails.

After spending lots of time on the phone to Dell, customer support or Dell tech support are unable find any info on the above part number - amazing. How are we the customers meant to know if Dell dont know themselves.

Can anyone tell me if the above part no is correct for non dell rack rails, and if it is, what can l do to make them fit into our rack.

2.5K Posts

October 31st, 2002 13:00

Hi Frank,

9K513 is the part number for our 3rd party VersaRails, but they do not fit all racks. We recommend Rack Solutions for any rail solutions which the VersaRails do not apply.

http://www.racksolutions.com

1 Message

February 26th, 2004 03:00

I just buy dell poweredge 2650 but i don't get the rail then i call the vendor about this. And i have been told about the part number of the rail 5K516 is it true or not ?

thank's
No Events found!