Highlighted
mrIQ
1 Copper

connect the CMC to Active Directory

Jump to solution

I followed  the documentation to connect the CMC to Active Directory in standard mode. But i'm unable to login with my AD account. I get "Domain user authen. fails, err: 24582" and i can't see anything on my Domain controllers security log.

I have version 2.01 running on my CMC. The AD is 2003 native and the forest is 2000.

Here are the steps i followed :

* configure AD and filled in my domain name in "domain.country" format.

* choose standard schema en filled in the access groups

* uploaded the root certificate . Here is where i doubt. I find the documentation unclear on this point.

* i reset the cmc and tried to login. no luck....

I did manage to configure a correct ssl certificate for the https connection.

Can anybody point me in the correct direction? I'm probably missing something, but i blame it on the documentation....:emotion-2:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrIQ
1 Copper

Re: connect the CMC to Active Directory

Jump to solution

I did find the answer in the Idrac 6 documentation.

In the Active Directory Domain security policy on the Public key policies, you need to have an automatic certificate request of type Domain controller.

You must add then the ssl certificate of your cmc in the Trusted Root certification authority.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mrIQ
1 Copper

Re: connect the CMC to Active Directory

Jump to solution

I did find the answer in the Idrac 6 documentation.

In the Active Directory Domain security policy on the Public key policies, you need to have an automatic certificate request of type Domain controller.

You must add then the ssl certificate of your cmc in the Trusted Root certification authority.

View solution in original post