Highlighted
2 Bronze

iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID changed after iDrac upgrade to version 4.x

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is some reason, why is SNMP engine ID changed during upgrade of iDrac to version 4.x ???

Our monitoring is not working after this upgrade because of:

"Problem: The SNMP protocol is no longer available. Error message: Received     
engine Id ('80001F880432354450345832') is not correct. amIAuthoritative == false"
 
 
I checked this value for some another iDrac and the value was changed (also number count in the value is different)
Before upgrade :3.32.32.32
EngineID=0x80001f8880270f0d0e1bdbd25c
 
After upgrade: 4.20.20.20
racadm get iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID
[Key=iDRAC.Embedded.1#SNMP.1]
EngineID=0x80001f880431384450345832
 
is Some reason for this? The value is read only and we did not detected any problem before version 4.x
 
Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID changed after iDrac upgrade to version 4.x

Jump to solution

Hello,

The logic which is calculating the engine ID has been improved in version 4.xx. This will result in change of this ID after upgrade. The older logic could sometimes result in duplicate IDs on the network.

Regards,

Josef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID changed after iDrac upgrade to version 4.x

Jump to solution

Hello,

I asked to our internal escalation point and i will let you know asap.

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID changed after iDrac upgrade to version 4.x

Jump to solution

Hello,

The logic which is calculating the engine ID has been improved in version 4.xx. This will result in change of this ID after upgrade. The older logic could sometimes result in duplicate IDs on the network.

Regards,

Josef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: iDRAC.SNMP.EngineID changed after iDrac upgrade to version 4.x

Jump to solution
Hello, yes, I opened official support request and this was the answer. Now, we must find way, how to remove cached old Engine ID from our monitoring tool and configure it from scratch. Thank you
0 Kudos