Rack Servers

Last reply by 06-03-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion

oemr xl 240 - sold as monitoring server, can i rebuild it as a 2019 file server?

Client has presented me with an OEMR XL 240 1u server sold to him as part of a video security system.  He wants me to rebuld it as a simple file server, 2019.  The<Private Service tag removed. TOS76>and it says it was sold in Canada???  The security company is indeed 1/2  in canada and 1/2 in us. 

It was sold with a hard drive and memory but no OS.  And it is still under warranty!  I would buy Server 2019 essentials or standard for him.

This is just Poweredge 240 1u server right?  Theres no reason why I can't install Server 2019 (US) on it, right...? (I and the client and the server are in the US)

Thank You

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

i did not see any problems if you do this like that.

Did you have any further questions?

Regards Martin

Martin Schiemenz
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

View solution in original post

Replies (3)

Hi,

i did not see any problems if you do this like that.

Did you have any further questions?

Regards Martin

Martin Schiemenz
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

what does "Intended for EMBEDDED or SERVER APPLIANCE Applications Only" mean which is stated in its configuration page at dell ?  

Thanks

HBurke

Hello,

That is basically another line item descriptor of an OEM system.  Looks like it could be paperwork not an actual part of the server.

A little more information for OEM:

OEM customers rebrand our systems and resell as a solution with their software.

OEM customers have a helpdesk that does the initial troubleshooting with their end user.

You asked about repurposing it. You can, but anything outside OEM configuration is not supported.

Dell -Charles R
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor