Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2019 01:00

swc0700 idrac is not ready. the configuration values cannot

i have R420 and my problem is that fan is full speed and idrac initializing not responding and auto reboot. the problem is start from i upgrade my bios etc and during installation upgrade is stuck (hang), after that this problem accure. i already try nvram reset, telnet using serial (which appear is the same windows with the monitor), using download iso from dell (and hang during collecting system inventory or something like that), download all tools that i can find on dell.com. any idea what should i do anymore ? sorry with my bad english. thank you albert dalton

61 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 04:00

Same problem here. Exactly the same problem. Sad thing is I cant dismiss it and buy another one.....

February 8th, 2019 01:00

i have R420 and my problem is that fan is full speed and idrac initializing not responding and auto reboot. the problem is start from i upgrade my bios etc and during installation upgrade is stuck (hang), after that this problem accure. i already try nvram reset, telnet using serial (which appear is the same windows with the monitor), using download iso from dell (and hang during collecting system inventory or something like that), download all tools that i can find on dell.com. any idea what should i do anymore ? sorry with my bad english. thank you albert dalton

February 8th, 2019 07:00

can you tell me how to resetting iDRAC by command line or flashing the firmware ? because i already try racadm (not working it said there is no something i forgot), try install lifecycle controller (it said my hardware is not compatible) and the other software that sound iDRAC and lifecycle controller everytime it said my hardware is not compatible. can you explain why the software is said so ?

thank you

2.9K Posts

RACADM would have been the correct way to try, racadm racreset -h. The software would tell you that the update is incompatible when the iDRAC is not responsive. Software updates leverage the iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller to update firmware. When those are unavailable, the job can't be created, or the hardware inventory checked.

2.9K Posts

Good morning Albert,

You definitely got started on the right path by trying to clear NVRAM. One thing that you might also try is to remove power, then hold the power button down for about 30 seconds. This should force the iDRAC to restart. This or the NVRAM clear you tried previously,  normally resolve the issue. When they don't, you can try resetting the iDRAC by command line, or flashing the firmware, but it can result in needing to replace the board.

February 8th, 2019 22:00

racadm racreset -h is not working, error : unable to perform requested operation.

do you any suggestion ? i'm using windows server 2008, already try 2012 also.

i install ractools_x64 date 06/08/2013

2.9K Posts

February 11th, 2019 13:00

At this point, the only thing I can recommend is to replace the system board, unfortunately.

February 12th, 2019 19:00

i don't understand, idrac is fail to update and i have to replace my mainboard ? is there no other way then replace my mainboard ?

2.9K Posts

February 14th, 2019 06:00

The iDRAC is part of the mainboard, not a separate component. If the update failed, and now the iDRAC is stuck, the troubleshooting steps we can take are what you did before. If those don't resolve, replacement is my recommendation.

1 Message

April 24th, 2020 16:00

Hi @adalton818

I have the same problem on an R420, caused by the Dell update DVD (PER420_BOOTABLE_20.03.00.123), which should perform an automatic update), which restarted the server and created this big problem for us. I suppose we followed the recommendations for Dell support updates and now we will be at a loss as the machine is out of warranty.
Were you able to solve this problem? If so, how?

30 Posts

October 20th, 2020 23:00

Official Dell solution is to replace the motherboard. I guess I will move all to HP. Such things does not happen if You try to upgrade iLO on HP.

30 Posts

January 3rd, 2021 11:00

Hello everyone. Happy New Year! I wish everyone a much better one than 2020 was!

I bricked one iDRAC before so, I got another board... There were no solutions to repair the iDRAC!!! I got another board which I bought online and iDRAC came with version 1.31.31.0 or something like that. I need newer versions because older ones do not have HTML5 console and I decided to upgrade it using OFFICIAL DELL update tool (downloaded from official dell website using the service tag of the new board). Update tool booted and guess what... it could upgrade all but failed on iDRAC so now I have two unusable boards because of this...

Reasons why this happens from my point of view:

1. DeLL is low quality

2. They do this in purpose so if You try to upgrade an "older" server, it will be bricked so You need to buy a new one

They don't have a repair procedure for this!

We will definitely NEVER buy dell products again. Fortunately, this happened on testing servers but production ones will be replaced with H3C or HPE. Once this is done, I will upgrade them all and tell You the failure rate.

Guys, be careful with dell upgrade tools. It is unpredictable. Upgrade does not bring much benefits but can bring a lot of headache. As an IT enthusiast and IT professional guy I could not suggest this equipment.

I hope this will help someone not to destroy the server.

April 7th, 2022 10:00

Thank you for your information friend.

61 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 04:00

can you tell me where to find information regarding these processes? I have the same problem but I havent tried clearing the NVRAM or inputting commands using RACADM. I have no idea on how to do that, Im quite dummy when it comes to servers...

• 

3.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 06:00

Hi,

if you do all steps then as already written by other users replace the motherboard.

Did you have any other questions?

Regards Martin

No Events found!