Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 2nd, 2013 21:00

3-Way Replication configuration with Recover Point - 4.0

We have DC & DR with RP Version-4.0

Now we have to add NLS with Zero Data loss and as a whole 3-WAY Replication solution.

We have GEN-5 appliances at NLS.

Pls. provide the process to configure NLS site to existing cluster which is of DC - DR.

Thanks...

153 Posts

December 2nd, 2013 22:00

A 3rd site can be added non-disruptively to RP/EX or RP/CL system, here's a high-level list of the process:

1. Use Deployment Manager to build new cluster at the new site w/ the same RP version as the other 2 Clusters (4.0.x)

2.Use DM Connect Cluster wizard to connect new cluster to either both existing Clusters or to one of them as needed. Use FC or IP for connecting clusters.

3. Install licenses at new cluster

4. provision storage at new cluster and add copies to existing CGs at the new cluster (set link policies as required)

This process requires approved EMC CCA and post installation the Install Base needs to be updated with the serial numbers of the new RP appliances.

thanks

51 Posts

December 11th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll have to add 3rd site after configuring it with deployment Mgr with RP/SE option and then add it to the existing cluster.

Do I've to convert the environment again to RP/EX or once I install the RP/EX licenses then it will automatically have RP/EX features.

19 Posts

January 15th, 2014 08:00

One of the requirements in DM v2.0 to add a third RP site is the environment has to be RP/EX or RP/CL.  So add the license, convert to RP/EX or RP/CL and then add the third site.

No Events found!