Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2012 01:00

Can I use Recover Point/SE CDP for replicate data from VNX A to VNX B?

Dear all,

Our Data center has one VNX5300, now we buy one more VNX5300 & recoverpoint/SE

question here: can i use recoverpoint CDP for replicate data from VNX to other VNX?

if yes, how can i config it?

thanks & regards

Tuan.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2012 06:00

Good Day,

I believe the answer to this question is not with RP/SE. The RP Admin guide for 3.5 on page 21 says -

RecoverPoint/SE limits the number of arrays that can be replicated, per RecoverPoint configuration.

•In CDP configurations, replication can only be performed on a single VNX/CLARiiON array, meaning both the production and the replica copy must reside on the same VNX/CLARiiON array.

•In CRR and CLR configurations, replication can only be performed from one production VNX/CLARiiON array to another VNX/CLARiiON array at the DR site.

1K Posts

July 31st, 2012 07:00

dschul0323 is correct. You need a RecoverPoint license and not RP/SE.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2012 20:00

we have 2 VNX & a couple recover point/se.

what is best solution for this case? if i want to replicate data from VNX to other.

regards

Tuan.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2012 21:00

Hi Tuan,

I think RecoverPoint CDP is a great option, just not RecoverPoint/SE. Like Ernes said, you need a different RecoverPoint license as the SE license will not fit your requirements. If you are within synchronous distance you can be configure RecoverPoint CDP in many ways, including one VNX to another in a single data center, and it offers up to a zero data loss RPO.

There are other options depending on what you are trying to accomplish, like MirrorView, but RecoverPoint a solid choice if it fits your needs.

Good Luck to you!

No Events found!