Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2017 02:00

Do vRPAs (RP4VM 5.0.1.2) need to communicate with VNX through iSCSI (TCP Port 3260)?

Hi,

I have seen in the Security Config Guide the next info:

Is this correct? I think RP4VM is agnostic about the storage and doesn't need to communicate with VNX via iSCSI.

We want to deploy RP4VM in a customer and VNXs haven't iSCSI ports, only FC.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Francisco Tomas.

1.1K Posts

September 26th, 2017 02:00

This is correct. RP4VMs only requires iSCSI between the vRPAs <-> ESX hosts. It supports iSCS datastores and is storage agnostic due to the virtualization layer.

Regards,

Rich

675 Posts

September 26th, 2017 03:00

I agree with Rich, we don't care what the ESXi to storage communication protocol is (iSCSI, FC, NFS, SIO, VSAN, etc are supported).

The statement in the security configuration guide would be clarified in the next revision of the document which is due next month.

RPVM does need tcp/3260 open between the ESXi host <--> vRPA Data vNICs for splitter communication.

Hope that helps,

Idan

1 Message

June 24th, 2019 16:00

I ran a security test in my infraestructura and i noticed that iSCSI is enable in the RPA when i am using FC and WAN connections. Any guesses? How can i block the iSCSI service?

The most I found was: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-63753

675 Posts

June 24th, 2019 22:00

Hi there,

iSCSI is definitely not required as the RPAs are FC connected (iSCSI is only for classic RP vRPAs with VNX/VNXe/Unity).

iSCSI can be blocked in the RPA FW, please raise a SR with support to assist with that.

Hope that helps,

Idan

No Events found!