Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2012 15:00

Do we need to reinstall if the repository is deleted?

I have a customer that was re-creating their RP installation.  In the process of removing all the CGs, they got a little too enthusiastic and deleted the repositories as well.  Can we just reinstall with the same license keys?  What is the process for getting this back up and running?

117 Posts

July 9th, 2012 17:00

Format another repository, install the old license.  Unless you have RP/SE or RP/EX version 3.5, you will get a new installation ID and will need to request a new activation code.

29 Posts

July 10th, 2012 19:00

Thank you Dimitry.

29 Posts

July 12th, 2012 13:00

As it turns out, we have one fully fuctional site with the original repository.  What we need to do is assign a new repository on the "missing" site and pull the configuration from the working one.  In attempting to do so, the passwords seem to be out of sync now and I cannot "fix" the misconfigured sites.  But I cannot login to fix this either.  Any ideas?

40 Posts

July 15th, 2012 22:00

Have you ever tried to login with the account 'security-admin' ?

29 Posts

July 16th, 2012 05:00

"Security-Admin" is the only account that can login.  But we do not seem to be able to change the passwords with it, at least on the "new" side.  Should I try changing the passwords on the original DR side to defaults?

40 Posts

July 19th, 2012 18:00

I'd seen that RP locks admin account from time to time.

Try to unlock the admin account after login as security-admin.

No Events found!