Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2011 21:00

EMC VNX 5300 use which software for remote replication for block and file level

Hello Team ,

I have a problem now..

For EMC VNX 5300 use remote protection suite , Which software use for this. We need to configure DR site .

We need to know which software license or any other hardware applience is required or not.

In each site two servers are connected and data need to replicate to another site.

Even they need to do local protection also. or this also.

Please help me on this,.

With regards

Sushin.K

February 21st, 2011 21:00

Hello Sushin,

For the remote protection suite, the software licenses are included with each protection suite, but if you intend to use RecoverPoint/SE you need to add RecoverPoint appliances to the configuration for each side (4 RPAs total for a CRR configuration).  For local protection you need to add the local protection suite which includes RecoverPoint CDP plus snaps.

RecoverPoint/SE will provide both bloack and file replication (see release notes for limitations), while Celerra provide file system granular recovery.

Regards,

Rick Walsworth

February 22nd, 2011 09:00

Hello Rick,

So you mean 4* recoverypoint crr for remote replication

2*cdp for local replication currect

116 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 13:00

Hello Sushin,

Rick is out this week, so I thought I'd jump in and answer your question.     RecoverPoint/SE is now licensed by array for VNX series.   For RecoverPoint/SE CRR, you would buy a Remote Protection Suite for each array (in addition to the RecoverPoint appliances).   If you wanted to also protect local data using RecoverPoint/SE CDP, you would buy a Local Protection Suite for each array.     If you wanted to buy both the Local Protection Suite and Remote Protection Suite for both arrays, this is a RecoverPoint/SE Concurrent Local and Remote configuration.

In addition to the suites, you'd need to purchase RecoverPoint appliances for your configuration.   The minimum number of RecoverPoint appliances supported for RecoverPoint CDP is 2 and for RecoverPoint CRR and CLR is 4 - 2 at each site.

Paula

No Events found!