Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2021 08:00

Failed to create replica VM Recoverpoin for vms 5.3

Hi to all,

my infrastructure consists of 7 vxrail 7.0.101 and rp 5.3.1 nodes on the production site and 2 esx 7.0.1 nodes with rp 5.3.1 on the DR site.
When I try to protect a virtual machine, I get the following error:

The copy [cg_TEST-RP, Replica_at_RP-CLUSTER-DR] is regulated because RecoverPoint failed to automatically create the replica VM.

RecoverPoint failed to auto provision a VM (TEST-RP.copy). Please check one of the following reasons: (1) The production VM might be corrupted. (2) Insufficient disk space. Fix the problem and Recover point will try to continue protecting the VM. Esx Cluster / Resource pool: (uuid = resgroup-9)

This error appears only on certain virtual machines, while others are successfully replicated.
The virtual machines in production are fully functional, all windows 2019, virtual hardware 18 and vmware tools updated to the latest version.

Windows 10 x64 2021-02-02 17-30-06.png

Anyone have any ideas on how to understand what problem these vm have?

Thank you all 

6 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 10:00

Hi Sam,
thanks for the suggestion but in the end the problem was related to the virtual hardware of the virtual machines that gave error.
The situation was actually with the DR site which was vsphere 7.0.0 and the affected virtual machines were vHW version 18, not supported by vsphere 7.0.0.

Once the hosts were upgraded to version 7.0 U1 the problem was solved !!!!!
Thanks for the support.

Regards

Carlo

• 

6.9K Posts

February 2nd, 2021 16:00

Hello Hariel74,

Here is a link that maybe of assistance. https://dell.to/2NPVZAL

1 Message

April 26th, 2021 04:00

Hi Team,

Am getting same errors , what could be the issue??? and what is the way forward to resolve this issue???

• 

6.9K Posts

April 26th, 2021 09:00

Hello JudeLaw,

Do you have a vxrail system, & if so which one and which version of OS is it running?  What is your current version of RP4VM? 

11 Posts

April 27th, 2021 00:00

Hi Dell SAM,

No i do not have a vxrail system, the customer Site has Primary site and DR site, we have installed vcenter servers 6.7 at Primary site and DR site, we have installed Recover point for vms software application version 5.3 at primary site and DR site, we have two Vmware hosts at Primary Site running ESXi 6.7 Update3, we have two VMware hosts at DR site running ESXi 6.7 update 3, all vcenter servers, VMware hosts and recover point for vms software applications are all licensed on both primary and dr sites.

Now Challenge is virtual machines with compatibilty version 14 are failing to replicate, yet virtual machines with compatibility version 11, version 10 and below are all able to replicate from primary site to Dr site using recover point for VMs application,

I dont know why Virtual machines with Compatibility Version 14 are failing to replicate and giving error, recover point failed to auto provision a VM, second error the copy is regulated because recover point failed to automatically create the Replica VM,

is this a known issue with recover point for VMs???

any help i will be glad please?

11 Posts

April 27th, 2021 02:00

Hi Sam,

I shared information, so please help and read through then you can advise me accordingly, Thank you for your joint collaboration please,

Regards

675 Posts

April 27th, 2021 08:00

Hi @JudeKats,

This is not a known issue, let's continue to work on this off-list, it looks like we're failing to create the replica VM from the few screenshots I have.

Regards,

Idan

11 Posts

April 28th, 2021 06:00

Hi Idan And SAM,

This was the resolution to my Issue, i hope this helps another person with VMs with Hardware Version 14 who is also failing to replicate VMs from Primary to DR site using recover point for VMs;

See summary Below;

• Issue Summary: VMs that are hardware version 14 will not replicate
  • Analysis/Troubleshooting (if applicable): Zoom

• Root Cause (If Applicable): ESXi 6.7 VMs (VMHW 14) are created with auto-detect settings for the video card, resulting in an illegal assignment of 0 MB of RAM.
  • Resolution/Workaround/Recommendations: As described by KB 173199, manually increase the video RAM settings and then re-protect.

Thank you so much Team

My Best of Regards

Jude

No Events found!