Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2015 08:00

I want to migrate CG remote copies to a new array, would this method work?

Hello,

As I mentioned in the topic I want to migrate off a CX4-480 that is being used in the current environment to a VNX array at the same site. This would be only for the remote copy and not production.

We are running RecoverPoint 4.1.1 CL in our RP environment.

My plan is the following:

Enable the splitter on the VNX

Zone the VNX to the RP Cluster (Would this be a new zone or just add VNX ports to the existing RPA-Storage zone that has CX4-480?)

Create like for like LUNs for each CG e.g. test-remote_cg > DR_test-remote (Replication, Journal volumes)

Within the CG select add a copy name it DR_test-remote-new

Use the LUNs from the VNX to create replication sets and select journal volumes

Finish the wizard and let the new copy sync.

Once the new copy is synced up disable the old CG copy DR_test-remote then rename it DR-test-remote-old and rename the new copy to DR-test-remote

verify our bookmark script still works

delete the old cg

after all of the CG's are running on the VNX migrate the repository volume using the method outlined in KB article 184792

Remove the CX4-480 splitter

Once that is all complete, unzone the old array, and pat myself on the back.

Any thoughts on this or any recommendation you guys can provide?

Thanks in advance.

July 9th, 2015 09:00

Posting a reply/update to this thread to let everyone know that the method I ended up using worked well. I made a new copy of the existing consistency group with storage from the new array and waited for it to complete initializing. Tested the new copy on our backup server and it worked as expected. Removed the host from the old storage group on the old array and deleted the copy. Didn't have any issues with our bookmarks during the init of the new copy as we had an active copy running.

All I have left is the repository migration and everything will be complete.

1.1K Posts

June 2nd, 2015 08:00

Hi Andrew,

Can you call me directly please.

Regards,

Rich

June 2nd, 2015 09:00

Yes I can. What would be the best way to reach you?

June 2nd, 2015 09:00

Emailed you.

October 1st, 2015 11:00

How did the repository migration go?  I work for a VAR and I am looking to do the exact same thing for a customer of ours.  Unfortunately I do not have access to KB#184792.  Does this mean that repository migrations are only handled by EMC personnel?

105 Posts

June 9th, 2016 12:00

I'm a customer and I also don't have access to 184792.  Did you find an answer for your issue?

Ben

No Events found!