Highlighted

RP for SQL Failover Cluster

Dear All ,

We have Two Site ( A & B) and both Site A& B we are using SQL Failover Cluster with Two Nodes and same setup in DR site also but different subnets and the Data Replica via PRA CG through WAN link.. Last week we did failover from site A to Site B it was working well from site B and all SQL DataBase and All table are working well also we had done many type of  test from SQL level then we failover from Site B to A the failover activity was done but my SQL DataBase was suspected and it was big disaster for us and we rebooted the server one by one and we moved SQL cluster cluster from one node to another node but nothing benefits..

I would like to know how can we avoid this type of issues and what are the best practice form RP for SQL

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
forshr
4 Tellurium

Re: RP for SQL Failover Cluster

Hi Subash,

Did you test the SQL database at Site A as part of the Test and Failover procedure?

Rgds,

Rich

0 Kudos

Hi Forshr

Thanks for your response ! Yes we did test copy and it was working well after that We have tested Real failover from main site to DR site then failback from DR site to main But after failback our SQl database suddenly suspected mode appeared and still now we don’t know why the DB is suspected and  where is problem

Please I would like to know how to failover & Failback with SQL

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Tellurium

So when failing back to Prod the replica copy was tested as OK using the selected snapshot and then after the failback step the SQL database was corrupt?

0 Kudos

Dear Forshr,

Please assume My DataBase in DR site it is working well .. Then we had deiced to move from DR site Main site so I went to Recover Points dashboard I selected the failover option from source (DR Site to Main site) then that test copy was finished then i went to SQL Database I had seen my DB is suspected... I don't know where we made is mistakes

Regards

Subash.T  

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Tellurium

To be clear, you selected the Test and Failover option and selected a snapshot (latest?) which you tested successfully but after the failover step the DB was currupted?

0 Kudos