Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2019 04:00

RP4VM Copy Datastore Hiding

Hello Team, I want to hide a datastore from RP4VM Cluster. In our environment there are 2 clusters. I am protecting a VM from site A and when i need to select the datastore that the copy will use i see all the datastores inside the cluster B. I want to show the users only a specific datastore inside site A. There are private datastores inside site B and i want to hide that datastores. Is it possible to do that ? Thanks in advance. Best Regards

675 Posts

July 26th, 2019 06:00

Hi,

For journals, you can register the ones that are relevant. For replica, we will show all shared datastores on the selected cluster. There's no way to hide certain datastores in the plugin. Via our REST interface, it's definitely possible to explicitly state the datastore which the replica VMDKs would be created on. Another way to work around it (Plugin and REST) is to pre-configure a replica VM on the relevant Datastore(s) and point RPVM to it as an existing replica VM in the protect VM wizard.

Regards,

Idan

10 Posts

July 29th, 2019 01:00

Hello Idan,

Thanks for the response. What if i delete the datastore from the RP4VM interface so RP4VM plug-in can only see the datastore i want to show it. Is it possible ?

Regards

675 Posts

August 1st, 2019 01:00

For journals yes but for replica no.
No Events found!