forshr
4 Beryllium

Re: RPA Journal

Fix the network issue or make the journals large enough to cope with the long resync and the RPO/RTO exposure.

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection and Availability Solutions

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: +44 (0) 7730 781169

E-mail: richard.forshaw@emc.com<mailto:richard.forshaw@emc.com>

Twitter: @rw4shaw

EMC Europe Limited

Registered in England with Company No. 00990752 Registered office address: Level 1, Exchange House, Primrose Street, London C2A 2EG

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please delete it and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

0 Kudos
saranraj456
3 Argentum

I am just going to increase 20% of journal size , however still is there any chance for corruption that lead to a full sweep ?

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Beryllium

Only if you want to exceed the default limit of a journal which is 1.2TB, otherwise this is a dynamic operation.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169<tel:44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

0 Kudos
saranraj456
3 Argentum

Still I have not understand , will the network problem alone create a loss in track of journal and may end up in journal full sweep?

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Beryllium

Possibly. It depends on the amount of accumulated writes during the period of marking and any associated level of LoR (write to same block duplication).

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169<tel:44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

0 Kudos
saranraj456
3 Argentum

Still few CGs are circle back in Long re-sync mode back to back. Will adding a journal luns help to stop this ?

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Beryllium

Potentially yes. Each CG will be different depending on the amount of accumulated write changes versus the size of the replica copy journal.

0 Kudos
saranraj456
3 Argentum

Still I have not understand , will the network problem alone create a loss in track of journal and may end up in journal full sweep?

0 Kudos
nasiamohamedull
3 Silver

We have the same scenario where I need to revert back database changes if things go wrong. If I pause the replication and it enters into long resync will I still be able to recover production from the bookmark?

0 Kudos