Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2011 19:00

RPA cannt telnet SAN switch with Deploy Manager

hi, all:

do you have use the automantic zone function of  Deploy Manager  ?

my envirment,  RecoverPoint SE.

when you try to configure RPA with Deploy Manager,

following error :

Unable to configure automatic zoning.
Failed to create zoning. . 172.16.0.45: Connectivity Failure. Please check Telnet connectivity from RPA to switch and verify switch credentials.

so my question is , how to check conectivity from RPA to switch,

because of the telnet is good from my notebook to SAN switch.  the ping is good from RPA to SAN switch.

1K Posts

September 8th, 2011 05:00

If the RPAs have access to the switch via telnet then Automatic Zoning should work. What type of switch do you have?

Worse comes to worse perform manual zoning. Just create one zone with the RPA and CX/VNX ports on it. For example (assuming you have two fabrics per site):

Site 1:

zone name (sw1): RPA_Site1

members: rpa1_p0, rpa2_p0, spa0, spb1

zone name (sw2): RPA_Site1

members: rpa1_p2, rpa2_p2, spa1, spb0

Site 2:

zone name (sw1): RPA_Site2

members: rpa1_p0, rpa2_p0, spa0, spb1

zone name (sw2): RPA_Site2

members: rpa1_p2, rpa2_p2, spa1, spb0

1K Posts

September 7th, 2011 05:00

No, you don't have to use Automatic Zoning when you use deployment manager. You can zone the RPAs manually and in deployment manager just select "Manual" when you come to the zoning section.

A ping from the RPA to the switch doesn't mean telnet is working. Looks like telnet is not enabled on your switch and that's why Automatic Zoning is failing. You can probably SSH to the switch but not telnet. If you want to use Automatic Zoning then log-in to each switch and enable telnet. Otherwise, you have to choose Manual zoning.

44 Posts

September 7th, 2011 20:00

hi,Ernes Taljic:

thank you reply.

the telnet switch of switch is enable. because of i can telnet from my computer to switch.

but the question is , when i try to automatic zoning configuration  from Deploy Manager to switch .

the display information that it need to check connection between RPA and switch.

best regards

No Events found!