Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2016 00:00

Re-ip queries

Hello All,

We have to implement re-ip using glue scripts. Since new to this had a few queries

1. Do we need to copy the script to each and every VM or any other option available?

2. What exactly is this script doing?. Is it releasing/renewing the IP's?

3. Once we create a csv file with necessary details for all the VM's and import it whenever we want to initiate failover then at that time no other changes needed? Or depending on How many vm's we want to failover every time I will have to do a csv import?

Thanks and Regards

Raghav

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2016 14:00

Hi Raghav

1. Yes, copy the script to any protected VM that you want to apply Re-IP for.
  2. This will apply the network configuration changes when powering up the VM replica copy
  3. The csv file import doesn't need to be tide to the time of the failover, you can pre-configure this and have it ready for time of failover,
    FYI - starting 4.3.1.1 release, this can also be done directly within the plugin UI for a specific VM copy instead of using the csv file.

Regards,

Roy

August 23rd, 2016 02:00

Hi Roy,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Just to clarify say i have 1000VM's. I import and keep the network configuration ready for all 1000. Now say i want to failover a random set of 50 VM's now for these VM's when i initiate a failover at that time will they automatically reflect the info which prepopulated ??.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raghav

675 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 03:00

Hi Raghav,

Yes, the configuration is tied to the CG copy and done on a per VM basis, so at any time, test or failover would be committed to any of the protected VMs, the Re-IP configuration would be applied to them. Again, assuming, the Re-IP configuration was applied to VMs for test/failover

Regards,

Idan Kentor

No Events found!