Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2016 05:00

RecoverPoint for VMs Alerts

Hello, anyone knows if we can define alerts in RecoverPoint for VMs plugin ? I want to be notified (via email) about errors, warnings etc. I haven´t find any configuration about this in the documentation or in the plugin. Also i haven´t find any vCenter alert about RecoverPoint.

Thanks for the help.

1.1K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 11:00

Hi Jose.

This is managed from the CLI using the create_event_filter command.

Regards,

RIch

10 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 18:00

Thanks forshr, thats exactly what i needed.

- Create a filter with create_event_filter

- Add email recipients to the filter with add_email_users

If needed we can check the configurations with get_email_users_settings and get_event_filter_settings .

1.1K Posts

February 4th, 2016 14:00

Don't forget to enable alert via e-mail first and you may want to change the sender address. Both require enabling via the relevant CLI commands.

10 Posts

February 5th, 2016 04:00

Ok forshr ! Thanks for all the info.

- Enable email with enable_email

- Configure sender with config_email

- Test the email with test_email

1.1K Posts

February 5th, 2016 05:00

Yes, do this first and as per your original request then configure your alerts/events.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection and Availability Solutions

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169 44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

E-mail: richard.forshaw@emc.com

Twitter: @rw4shaw

7 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 12:00

The command get_email_users_settings doesn't seem to exist on 5.1.1.5.  Was this command removed?  If so how do you verify user to event mapping? 

When creating event filters with Scope of all or group then the groups need to be listed.  This seems counter intuitive for the Scope of All.  The point of All is I shouldn't have to update this event filter whenever a new group is added. 

1.1K Posts

December 4th, 2018 23:00

This was an advanced command under the SE user. You now need to invoke the CLI from what was the boxmgmt menu from [6] System operations CLI and then enable_advanced_support_options. You'll find it there.

Regards,

Rich

No Events found!