Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2012 19:00

Recoverpoint Consistency Groups and VMware SRM

We are running Recoverpoint with VMware Site Recovery Manager. I have a few questions that I cannot find answers to...

Is SRM tied to the Consistency Group name? Can we rename Consistency Groups without effecting the SRM configuration?

Also, lets say we have a consistency group (CG_A) with 3 1TB datastore LUNS for an applicaiton. We need to add another 1TB device but instead of adding it, we want to create another Consistency Group (CG_B), add the new device and move one of the 3 1TB devices in the other group (CG_A) to the new group (CG_B). Can we do that without disturbing SRM??

1K Posts

August 24th, 2012 09:00

Question 1: SRM is not tied to the CG name. Renaming will not cause any issues

Question 2: You cannot just move one LUN from one CG to another. You can create CG_B and add the new 1tb LUN, that's not a problem. However, if you want to add a LUN that's already in CG_A to CG_B you need to remove the replication set for that LUN from CG_A and add a new replication set to CG_B by using that LUN.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2018 07:00

Thanks Ernes. I am running into same scenario and i have a question. 

We are running RP 5.0, do we need to disable CG first before we remove that replication set to add to another CG. 

Second question, if we remove that set, only Journal written from it will be lost or anything else ?

Thanks'

Rohit

675 Posts

January 8th, 2018 05:00

No journal history loss would occur when removing a Replication Set in RP 5.0 and later.

Regards,

Idan Kentor

RecoverPoint Corporate Systems Engineering

@IdanKentor

No Events found!