8 Krypton

Recoverpoint Engine and Splitter with Flare 29 CX4

Jump to solution

Implementing a CX4 with Recoverpoint but I can't seem to find the engine nor the splitter.  Do we enable such engines (and/or splitter) or are these components part of Flare 29?  I can't seem to locate the splitter nor the engine within Powerlink.

Thanks,

Damian773 458 0367

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: Recoverpoint Engine and Splitter with Flare 29 CX4

Jump to solution

Damian,

The splitter will be a feature built into the array that is enabled through a purchased license. Did you purchase the splitter license when you bought the array?

Thanks,

Aran

0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Damian,

The splitter will be a feature built into the array that is enabled through a purchased license. Did you purchase the splitter license when you bought the array?

Thanks,

Aran

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution
Also, search for a document on Powerlink called EMC RecoverPoint: Deploying RecoverPoint with CLARiiON Splitter. The document ID is 300-005-598.
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

As Aran says

Yep, Splitter built into the base code of Flare from Flare code 29 onwards.

You will need the enabler (license).

Thanks

James.

8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I can't find the document on Powerlink. Is it possible to search by document ID?

Thanks,

Dieter

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Dieter,

I can't find that document now either. I have the pdf saved locally but that document is about two years old I realize. It may have been replaced by another document. I did find some whitepapers at the locations below that discuss RecoverPoint on the CLARiiON. Have you looked at any of these?

Support  >  Technical Documentation and Advisories  >  Hardware/Platforms Documentation  >  CLARiiON CX4 Series Systems  >  CLARiiON CX4-960  > White Papers

Support  >  Technical Documentation and Advisories  > Software ~ P-R ~ Documentation  >  RecoverPoint  > White Papers

Aran

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Thanks Aran.

I will have a look at them.

br

Dieter

0 Kudos