Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

24 Posts

March 19th, 2020 11:00

Rp4VM Design suggestion

Hi Folks,

A requirement with client to deploy RP4VM for  standalone and streched cluster. they have multiple environment and each is connected by dedicated network layer . deploy RP4VM in  environment(No 1)  and protect the VM's in 4 different environment. Storage type is VSAN.

1) Will the  journal volume be RP4VM cluster or in the VM environment?

2) If we have multi site which location production ,local and remote copy LUNS(stretched and standalone) ?

I am new to this . need some help.

• 

6.9K Posts

March 20th, 2020 13:00

Hello luciferHK,

Here is the link to Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines Installation and Deployment Guide. https://dell.to/2QBMaVQ

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

675 Posts

March 21st, 2020 07:00

In short, if RPVM is deployed on top of a stretched cluster then the journal and repository VMDKs would need to reside on a stretched DS which should be accessible to the ESX cluster hosting the vRPA VMs.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Idan

24 Posts

March 22nd, 2020 11:00

thanks Idan.

VRPA will be on non stretched cluster & protect VM's on stretched and non stretched .

in multi site ,Any best practices for journal volumes  ?

lucifer

675 Posts

April 1st, 2020 13:00

Having vRPAs on site A protecting workload on site A and site B certainly has some caveats. I would therefore recommend to stretch the vRPA cluster or have a distinct RPVM cluster for the non-shared ESX clusters and stretched RPVM clusters for the stretched workload.

Hope that helps,

Idan

No Events found!