Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2012 11:00

Splitter is attached to volume and also the same volume in different cluster

Hello

I have a RP/SE 3.4 SP1 setup installed with some issues. The installation finished without any error, however when creating a CG, we got the following messages errors and the initial transfer is paused:

1. Splitter [VNX splitter] is attached to volume [CG,rset1] and also the same volume in different cluster.
  2. Accessibility of volume [CG,rset1] by splitter [VNX splitter] is unknown

The first error appears, then disappears, then appears again. Although I’m using VNX splitter for multi-cluster environment (a VNX is shared for two clusters), a single LUN is attached only to one cluster.

The second error appears in all volumes that I add to the CG.

The setup is using RP/SE  3.4 SP1 with RPAs GEN2. VNX 5100 on site1 and VNX 5700 on site2

So far this is what we have tried:

Re-attaching all the RPAs to the cluster

Re-install the environment

Reboot SPs

Any suggestion would be gladly accepted and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Willington Echeverri C

1 Attachment

29 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 11:00

Hi Wellington,

did you detach the volumes fro mteh splitter before reinstalling? it sounds like the splitter remembers the volume attached used by the previous install, and is not aware that it is no longer exists.

when reinstalling - did you change any of the parameters of the system? IP, site name? if so, one way to resolve is to reinstall using the exact same parameters, attach and detach the volume from the splitter. otehrwise, please open a case with EMC support so they can reset teh splitter.\

hope this helps,

Ehud

January 3rd, 2012 13:00

Hi Ehud

You are correct; we didn't detach the volumes from the splitter. I reset the splitter and now everything is working ok.

Thank you

Willington

30 Posts

January 19th, 2014 11:00

Can you tell me how you reset the splitter from recoverpoint?

I have the same problem but i cant detach the volumes, i saw two attached clusters in one splitter but i am sure that it sees the old ones.

So how can I reset the splitter, its vnx splitter?

Thanks.

1.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 07:00

There is a procedure for this but it has to be undertaken by Support as it involves RPA root access.

30 Posts

July 8th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

What's the procedure for resetting the splitter.

P.S.

Its a Unity 300 array, and RP Gen 6 appliances.

675 Posts

August 25th, 2020 21:00

It has to be carried out by support so please raise an SR.

Regards,

Idan

No Events found!