Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2013 09:00

VMware srm 5.1 with Recover point 3.5 sp1 p1 - EMC NS120 Arrays.

Environment EMC ns120 Arrays at prod and remote with latest flare code , EMC recover point 3.5 sp1 p1 , vcentyer 5.1 , srm 5.1 confugred and ready .

When I try to test the recovery plan and log into recover vcenter site , the recover data store is not added , would it add after I run the test and recovery plan ? or shoud I manually add the DS at recover vcenter ?

95 Posts

Thats correct the DR esx hosts see the LUNS , it shows up when I try and to a add new storage its added though , will test it and advise you shortly thanks for help.

95 Posts

The target DS are part of recover point and esxi storage group , let me try that .

1K Posts

The datastore will be created by SRM once you initiate a test failover or the actual failover. Just make sure that the target LUNs on which the datastore resides on are presented to the ESX storage group before you run the failover.

1K Posts

The DR ESX hosts should see the LUNs but not the datastores. Once you issue a failover the datastores will be visible.

95 Posts

January 7th, 2013 10:00

Awesome Ernes - that worked thank you so much.

One last question what is best practice to keep the recovery DS' they show up with snapxxxxx etc , our plan is tio keep them in Active / active config ( SRM) , so can we leave the signatures with prefix snapxxx ?

1K Posts

You can leave it as snap-xxxx. That's the default config. You can change that in SRM settings so that the prefix isn't added automatically.

It's not a snap but SRM does that by default.

1K Posts

No problem. Didn't know that the guy asking the question can accept his response as an answer. Good to know I guess. Good luck

95 Posts

January 7th, 2013 12:00

Thanks - Ernes.

No Events found!