Highlighted
TCLiven
2 Iron

024223 ERROR: An error occurred while validating user credentials.

Jump to solution

Replication Mgr v5.3.2.0

All worked fine a month ago when testing.  Now when I try to rerun the job, I receive the following errors...

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 024223 ERROR: An error occurred while validating user credentials. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password..

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026667 ERROR: Replication Manager was unable to authenticate the user credentials you entered. Verify that you entered the user credentials correctly. Check the rights and privileges

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026031 ERROR: An internal error occurred on the Replication Manager host as follows: composite - could not setInstance Info.

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026076 ERROR: An internal error occurred on the Replication Manager host as follows: processStartReplication - could not set application set info.

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 024223 ERROR: An error occurred while validating user credentials. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password..

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026667 ERROR: Replication Manager was unable to authenticate the user credentials you entered. Verify that you entered the user credentials correctly. Check the rights and privileges

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026031 ERROR: An internal error occurred on the Replication Manager host as follows: composite - could not setInstance Info.

Sep 15, 2011 11:49:16 AM sqlprody1 026076 ERROR: An internal error occurred on the Replication Manager host as follows: processStartReplication - could not set application set info.

The job is very basic, path options selected is Alternate path: C:\RM_Mounts.....

ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 15 08.37.gif

There is no user specified in the job, so what credentials are no longer authenticating? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TCLiven
2 Iron

Re: 024223 ERROR: An error occurred while validating user credentials.

Jump to solution

Thanks James.  I ended up working with EMC support on Friday and it was the user within the application set.  I forgot there was a user there as well...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
TCLiven
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Could the user be the Schedule User, eventhough I am manually kicking this off?  If so, I have verified that the acct and pwd is correct...

Highlighted
JamesBEMC
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hi there

The RM job process will always run in the context of a local network user on a production host, ie the account which the RM client services runs as.

The entry you put into the SQL Job properties (not mount tab) is required.  This is the secure, encrypted entry which RM Client will talk to SQL Server and enquire the database(s) which are attempted to be replicated. 

So, go to the jobs tab and enter the SQL Server instance credentials please and let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
TCLiven
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Thanks James.  I ended up working with EMC support on Friday and it was the user within the application set.  I forgot there was a user there as well...

View solution in original post