Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2010 08:00

026880 ERROR in clone & snap operations

I have a series of snapshots of an Oracle database and a nightly clone of the same Oracle database on AIX 5.3 I'm not exactly sure when this started happening but I just noticed this morning that we've been getting the following error message during those operations.

026880 ERROR:Application Agent operation failed: getOracleOwnserShipDetails with an error as follows: Could not retrieve oracle user id and group id

It appears as though the jobs are finishing fine, but still receiving this error. I recently upgraded from 5.2.1 to 5.2.3 . I thought it might be related to the OS password being wrong within the job, but the snapshots don't mount to any host. So that shouldn't be the case.

2.2K Posts

Ben,

I ran accross the following knowledgebase article related to that error. Does this help?

emc179429

spacer"Replication  Manager: Replica fails with 026880 ERROR: Application Agent operation  failed: getOracleOwnserShipDetails with an error as follows: Could not  retrieve oracle user id and group id."

http://knowledgebase.emc.com/emcice/documentDisplay.do;jsessionid=9B667576CEEF1BD0F6E9ABA073C724EF?docType=1006&clusterName=DefaultCluster&resultType=5002&groupId=1&page=&docProp=$solution_id&docPropValue=emc179429&passedTitle=null

Aran

2.2K Posts

When you upgraded to 5.2.3 did you upgrade the production host as well or is it still at 5.2.1? It almost sounds like a communication issue between the RM server and the Oracle database. Did you check the release notes for 5.2.3 to see if there were any Oracle issues with this release?

22 Posts

The known issues in the documentation didn't mention anything serious. I would hope the EMC consultant that directed us to do the upgrade would be aware of any issues, but good point.

All hosts and servers were upgraded, so everything is at the same level.

22 Posts

Sorry, I should have mentioned I saw that one already too. I only see the one oratab though in /etc , no sign of one that was created by RM.

2.2K Posts

It may very well be a bug in RM. If you don't find anything I would contact support. I have peformed quite a few upgrades of RM over the past few years and have come accross the occasional bug after a few upgrades. Support has always taken care of me though and gotten the issues resolved.

22 Posts

November 5th, 2010 12:00

I actually recently deleted all my application sets & jobs and started from scratch. That seems to have gotten rid of all the error messages.

No Events found!