Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2012 10:00

AIX in Recoverpoint w\ SANTAP

We have AIX LPARs replicating with RecoverPoint using SANTAP. If we add new virtual initators to the physical HBAs currently in the frontend do we have to move them back to the backend and then move them back to the frontend in order for the new virtual initators to register?

29 Posts

Hi,

I assume that by 'register' you mean by on the storage, for LUN mapping/masking, or SANTap itself. anyway, the answer is the same for both, and for virtual initiators as well as physical ones: as long as zones exists for teh new WWNs on both frontend and backend VSANs, you can start directly from the frontend VSAN. the DVT will pass on the storage login to the real target, which will than allow registration and LUN mapping/masking for the new WWN. no need to move to the backend.

hope this helps,

Ehud Kaldor

Team lead - RecoverPoint CSE team lead

31 Posts

Thanks Ehud!

29 Posts

If this addresses the issue, can you mark the thread as 'answered'?

29 Posts

January 12th, 2012 13:00

as teh host sees the disks from teh frontend, i assume this is mostly a cosmetic issue (please double check the physical ports are in the frontend). i would advise opening a case (probably with Cisco) to get to the bottom of it.

31 Posts

January 12th, 2012 13:00

Another related question. I created the zones in both VSANs. When the host is powered on, it can see the disks. In fabric manager the backend zone looks ok, the frontend zone has the host initiator listed as 'Not in VSAN'. When I run a show flogi database on the switch, it only shows the initiator listed in the backend vsan. In Cisco Device Manager I don't see the wwn listed under flogi. Im not sure whats going on.

No Events found!