Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2014 20:00

How to expand a Consistency Group?

We have 2 Unisys mainframes in different locations with  good link between them. We're testing Unisphere for recoverpoint v4.0.2. We defined  CG with a single LUN. UNisys mainframes have fixed size volumes of 9GB, but multiple volume families are common and, because new physical units can be added and even subtracted on the fly, we expected REcoverpoint would also.  But, as far as I can see, this isn't supported, at least in the GUI.

Is this correct?   If not, how can I add a source LUN and target LUN to an existing CG?   Or, delete a LUN? 

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the journal.

Thanks

1.1K Posts

July 31st, 2014 06:00

Hi there,

You'll find the process of adding/removing volumes from a CG in the RP Admin Guide. it also documents the any impact as part of the process, e.g. adding or removing a volume will cause loss of rollback history in the journal.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection & Availability Division

2.1K Posts

July 16th, 2014 22:00

Hi dbayly,

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Replication Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2014 13:00

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it

No Events found!