Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2009 02:00

RM - post script Firewall obstacle

Hi,

We wish to submit a post script to the backup server which is over the Firewall, which ports do we need to open.

Thanks
Faz

257 Posts

October 5th, 2009 03:00

Hey - no worries

Nothing to do with RM, I would suspect, depending on how you config your script, you are either talking rexec, ssh/sshd, or telnet ports between those backend hosts.

james.

257 Posts

Hi Faz

Typically the post-mount script occurs on the mount host itself., so you would need an RM agent there.

Page 173, Rm 5.2.2 Production Guide

Backup and mount scripts

Mount scripts If you specify a mount script, Replication Manager runs the specified
script on the mount host after successfully mounting the replica. To
use mount scripts, perform the following steps...

3 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I guess what I want to know is, the script which will be running on the post script in RM will be communicating to a server which has no RM agent, in this case which port would be required to be open? i.e RM server on windows communicating over the firewall to unix Netbackup server with no mount host agent. Please advise?

Thanks
Faz

257 Posts

Hi Faz

You can check my KB solution emc97336

Replication Manager

PORT Description Default #
===================================
Server Control 65432
Server Data 65431

Client Control 6542
Client Data 6543
Client Data (if SSL enabled) 443

RM Console 80

Cheers
James.

3 Posts

Thanks James.

One final question, the script on the mount host with the agent installed communicates with another Master backup server using a batch script, over a firewall, I guess we would require another TCP port to be opened for communication? I guess nothing to do with RM???

Thanks
Faruk
No Events found!