Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 1st, 2010 11:00

RecoverPoint Simulator

I have downloaded the simulator for recoverpoint. I am unable to get the ip details as it states in the pdf type username ip and password ip to view ip details. therfore i am unable to log in via the browser as i have no ip to point it that any help would be appricated

666 Posts

December 10th, 2010 04:00

I have moved your question to the replication Support Forum. This ensures that your question will get in front of the right audience on the Support Forums.

Kind regards,

Mark Browne

EMC Support Forums Community Manager

December 10th, 2010 07:00

Hi,

When you login as user: ip password: ip

The simulator IP will be informed, you will use this IP to open the Browser.

Simulator.bmp

As you can see on the image above there is "Simulator IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I hope it helps.

45 Posts

December 13th, 2010 14:00

You may also see this if you have a VPN session open.  You can contact me off line if you're still having problems.

Gary

March 20th, 2017 06:00

Hi Gary,

I have the same issue. Simulator doesn't show up IP to access using browser.

Dinesh K.

March 20th, 2017 22:00

Hi Team,

I am able to work with RecoverPoint 4.1 Simulator, I have issue with 5.0 version of simulator.

Also seems 5.0 OVA doesn't pass VMware check and its not loading in VMPlayer. It is getting loaded with Oracle VirtualBox for 5.0 only.

Dinesh K.

1.1K Posts

March 21st, 2017 07:00

Hi Dinesh,

I am resolving this issue but in the mean time I can make the 5.0 SP1 simulator available to you. Please contact me offline.

Regards,

Rich

March 27th, 2017 11:00

Hi Rich,

Please update me once RP 5.0 SP1 is available for use.

Also can you please let me know if we have VPLEX and ViPR simulators to work on.

Dinesh

1.1K Posts

March 28th, 2017 10:00

They are there but chasing the updated Tech Notes.

Regards,

Rich

June 10th, 2017 09:00

Hi Rich,

Can you please let me know the procedure to safe shutdown RP simulator 5.0 SP1. Boxmgmt is not reaching menu options (Fails with error - "Cannot run installation Manager (java returned 65280)". Every time shutting down the guest VM in VM player.

Also both sites in RP shows same serial number of storage and Luns numbers

Dine K

1.1K Posts

June 12th, 2017 00:00

Hi Dine,

boxmgmt is not supported via the simulator so safe shutdown should be done from the VM via a right click.

In respect of the array duplication, you will find with the simulators that some arrays are seen in more than one cluster.

Regards,

Rich

No Events found!