Narayananuk
1 Copper

RecoverPoint Simulator

I have downloaded the simulator for recoverpoint. I am unable to get the ip details as it states in the pdf type username ip and password ip to view ip details. therfore i am unable to log in via the browser as i have no ip to point it that any help would be appricated

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mabro1
4 Tellurium

Re: RecoverPoint Simulator

I have moved your question to the replication Support Forum. This ensures that your question will get in front of the right audience on the Support Forums.

Kind regards,

Mark Browne

EMC Support Forums Community Manager

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you login as user: ip password: ip

The simulator IP will be informed, you will use this IP to open the Browser.

Simulator.bmp

As you can see on the image above there is "Simulator IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Gary_Archer
2 Iron

You may also see this if you have a VPN session open.  You can contact me off line if you're still having problems.

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I have the same issue. Simulator doesn't show up IP to access using browser.

Dinesh K.

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am able to work with RecoverPoint 4.1 Simulator, I have issue with 5.0 version of simulator.

Also seems 5.0 OVA doesn't pass VMware check and its not loading in VMPlayer. It is getting loaded with Oracle VirtualBox for 5.0 only.

Dinesh K.

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Tellurium

Hi Dinesh,

I am resolving this issue but in the mean time I can make the 5.0 SP1 simulator available to you. Please contact me offline.

Regards,

Rich

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Please update me once RP 5.0 SP1 is available for use.

Also can you please let me know if we have VPLEX and ViPR simulators to work on.

Dinesh

0 Kudos
forshr
4 Tellurium

They are there but chasing the updated Tech Notes.

Regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Rich,

Can you please let me know the procedure to safe shutdown RP simulator 5.0 SP1. Boxmgmt is not reaching menu options (Fails with error - "Cannot run installation Manager (java returned 65280)". Every time shutting down the guest VM in VM player.

Also both sites in RP shows same serial number of storage and Luns numbers

Dine K

0 Kudos